12 May, 2012

Mapping Stereotypes within and outside Europe

From London-based designer Yanko Tsvetkov come these Mapping Stereotypes in the shape of calendars, mousepads, prints on t-shirts etc. etc. 

And, just in case you are wondering, here's how he introduces himself:
"My name is Yanko Tsvetkov and I’m a freelance graphic designer and a visual artist. I am known as alphadesigner, a pseudonym that usually makes people think what I do is really important. That’s why I chose it."
A series of amusing, often tragicomically true maps of Europe based on various subjective perceptions and ideologies, states Maria Popova on Brainpickings. 
Here is the world seen through the eyes of the USA, for example:


Recently returning from a stimulating and inspirational European spirited conference on volunteering, I wouldn't dare to display an image map of European stereotypes, amusing though they would be for the beholder .... so I suggest you check these out yourself .... and snigger.

No comments: